Scenario in sequence job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

Scenario in sequence job

Post by soumya5891 »

I have a sequence job with the following design
Job1----->Job2----->Job3----->Job4
My requirement is if Job1 or Job 2 aborts then the sequence job will start from begging.And if Job3 or Job4 aborts then the sequence job will start from the aborting point.
I have checked Do not checkpoint run for Job1 and and Job2.But when I trigger the job after Job2 aborts it's starting from the beginning.Can you please suggest.
Soumya
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Scenario in sequence job

Post by pandeesh »

soumya5891 wrote: My requirement is if Job1 or Job 2 aborts then the sequence job will start from begging.
I dont understand.what do you mean by begging?

I guess it's working as per your expectation.

As you told, if job1 or job2 aborts, it should run from beginning.
So its working fine i guess.

thanks
pandeeswaran
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If it was working fine, they wouldn't have posted here. And there's more to the requirement than that.

All you have out of the box is either 1) all stages always run or 2) it restarts from the point of failure. As kind of a 2b) you can also specify stages to 'do not checkpoint' so they always run regardless of the point of failure. The OP wants a combination of those to happen depending on the point of failure.

Me, I would look into putting Job3 and Job4 in a 'sub-sequence' that the original sequence runs, with both having checkpointing turned on but both Job1 & Job2 set to 'Do not checkpoint'... I think that would work for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

I have desigened the whole job in the following way.
Seq_Super I have two jobs job1 and job2.In both of the jobs I have ticked Do not checkpoint run option.
Again I have a sequence Seq_Sub where job3 and job4 are there.For both of the cases I have unticked Do not checkpoint run option.
Now I include Seq_Sub in Seq_Super and unticked the Do not checkpoint option.
Now if I run the Seq_Super and job aborts at job3,then if I restart the job(Seq_Super ) without resetting it the job(Seq_Super) starts from the begining.
Soumya