How to Handle the Sequence Failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

John Daniel
Participant

How to Handle the Sequence Failure

Post by John Daniel »

Hi DS Guru,

Have 10 jobs in one sequence , Out them 2 jobs are failed.

How to re-run my sequence , what condition have to used to re-run the whole sequence so that only failed jobs will run .

Have to run the whole sequcen, But only the jobs which are failed in the previous run those should run in the second time.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,
John
cooperjv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cooperjv »

The only optiion now in my opinion is to run these jobs individually.

However if you had selected the "Add checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure" in the job properties, you could have restarted the sequence job and only the jobs that did not run in the previous attempt would run
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to Handle the Sequence Failure

Post by SURA »

These need to be achived based on the design / approach.

You need to choose the Add checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure.

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't necessarily have to add checkpoints but, if you don't, you have to design your own logic to determine whether each job failed on its previous run and make the decision to bypass it or to reset and run it. This would better handle the case where the sequence did not stop (was not programmed to stop) because of a failed job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.