Saving table definitions

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srilaxmi
Participant

Saving table definitions

Post by srilaxmi »

Hi,

As part of version controlling we need to save table definitions of all our existing jobs.

In our project there are around 500+ jobs, involving Oracle/ODBC stages as input/output stages.

Need to save all these table definitions in metadata/Table Definition folder.

Please let us know if there is any automated/easy way for doing this.

Thanks
Sri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could use istool command with a -datastage option specifying "server/project/*/*.tbd"

You could export all the table definitions using any of the DataStage export utilities.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srilaxmi
Participant

Post by srilaxmi »

i used below command and getting error, please suggest.

Code: Select all

./istool export -domain Poject_test -u user -p pwd -ar test.dsx -pre -ds '-base="server/Poject_test" jobs/*/*.tbd'

ERROR: unable to connect to ISF server: Poject_test 
 Reason: Domain Poject_test:9080 cannot be reached.
This project does exists on my datastage server.
dsjob -lprojects
Poject_test

Status code = 0
Sri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect your domain name - the name of the machine on which the services tier is installed - is not correct (this is not the same as your project name necessarily). If that IS your domain name, try specifying port number 9080 in the -domain argument.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.