Director shows wrong time in the logs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhilashnair
Participant

Director shows wrong time in the logs

Post by abhilashnair »

We are facing an issue where all jobs in the director show wrong time in the logs. They indicate time which is one hour ahead of actual.

I went to Tools - Options and checked the box to show server time. The time shown is one hour ahead

I checked the time on the Unix box where the engine is installed and it is correct. Also the time shown on the machine which has the metadata repository is also fine.
Due to this all scheduled jobs are getting triggered one hour before they are supposed to. The jobs run fine though but issue is that they dont run at correct times
Please give any suggestions you may have
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search both here and DeveloperWorks. You are not the first to have reported this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

As suggested by Ray, I did a search on dsxchange as well as DeveloperWorks.
I added the following in my dsenv file
export TZ=ISTIMDT-5:30 (My timezone)
Also added the above in the profile of the dsapi_slave
Then restarted the engine
Now, the server time on the director(below right corner of the window) shows correct. But jobs get triggered one hour prior to actual scheduled time. For example if job A is scheduled to run at 5 pm, gets triggered at 4pm
We are using inbuilt sequencers in DS for scheduling
Any suggestions?
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Have you tried to change the .profile of the dsadm user id to include the timezone? or perhaps check the .profile of the root user id to see if it is overriding the timezone settings.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

The problem was not related to Datastage after all.
Apparently the AIX team were doing a sync of different servers causing the time to be advanced by an hour. When they took the corrective action, the issue went away.