How can I get a report of all executed jobs in a project?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jkumar5444
Premium Member
Premium Member

How can I get a report of all executed jobs in a project?

Post by jkumar5444 »

I have been looking for a way to generate a report of all jobs that have been executed in a project in the last 90 days. I know all the jobs are not running and I want to clean up the environment by removing the jobs that have not been executed in a while. Please help or point me to a discussion that may answer my question. Thanks.

Jay.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There are a number of conversation here on that topic which a search for "jobinfo" may turn up. If you want to do this from the command line, look into the -jobinfo for dsjob. From a job, the DSGetJobInfo function would be the equivalent. You'd need to parse the last run date from the output and then decide if it fit your reporting criteria.

Both "sides" support the same set of functions, at a high level you could get a list of all projects on the server, then iterate thru the list of projects to get a list of jobs and then issue the job info check on each one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get version 8.7 and there's a delightful new toy called the Operations Console that will give you this history.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Ray, Is Trail DS version 8.7 is available ?

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

8.7 is GA tomorrow. At least in the USA. Australian support tend to run their own tests before releasing it locally for you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jkumar5444
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jkumar5444 »

Thank you Craig and Ray. I was trying to avoid doing this one job at a time, but it seems I have no choice. Believe it or not, we just upgraded to 8.1, so I don't think 8.7 is in our near future. :)