Unable to connect to DataStage using DS Designer client

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to connect to DataStage using DS Designer client

Post by ashishm »

Hi, I just installed the Infosphere Information Server on a Red Hat Server. After I started the server, I was able to access through the Information Server Web Console. But when I run DS Designer client or DS Administrator Client using the same host name and port number to the DataStage Server, it gives me the following error.

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain
A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://blacksea:2825". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.
vineet123
Participant

Re: Unable to connect to DataStage using DS Designer client

Post by vineet123 »

hi
I was getting this problem on window server.
cause for administrator not running is the rights issue .so pls check it from the web console .

cause for designer client is either your webserver is not running correctly or service tier is installed on client tier.

Reinstalling Worked for ..

Thanks
Vineet
Every Thing at first, looks difficult
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Are there any firewalls between the computer your client software is installed on and the IS Server?

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That was post #666 for James, on Halloween!
:twisted:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.