Listing Passive Stages in a Job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepticr
Participant

Listing Passive Stages in a Job

Post by deepticr »

Hi,

I'm trying to list out the passive stages in a DataStage Parallel Job [DataStage v8.1] using the DSGetJobInfo function.

#### Server Routine Code as below ####
$INCLUDE DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H
JobHandle = DSAttachJob(JobName,DSJ.ERRFATAL)

Ans = DSGetJobInfo(JobHandle,DSJ.STAGELIST2)

### End of Code ######

This routine doesn't list out the Oracle Enterprise Stage as a passive stage. Instead it shows up as an active stage. In the repository under Stage Types -> Parallel -> Database, I checked the properties of the Oracle Enterprise stage and found that it is check marked as a Passive stage. In that case why should my routine list it as an active component? Could anyone help?

Thanks
Deepti
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Seems like a bug to me. Are you up-to-date on fixpacks? Have you checked with your official support provider?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deepticr
Participant

Post by deepticr »

I checked with the IBM team and they agree that the rutine doesn't work as expected. And I also shared the routine code. They provided a workaround for my code piece. And also conformed that there is no correction for this even in v8.5
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Care to share the workaround?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This "issue" has been around since version 1.0, in which the ORABULK stage was an active stage because they felt the need to support after-job subroutine through which sqlldr could be invoked with user-supplied options. I guess it's just continued through.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.