Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akonda
Participant

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected

Post by akonda »

Hello,

we have installed the IBM datastage 8.5 on Aix server. but we are not able to connect to datastage clients. When I run the command (./bin/uv -admin -info) the status shows running. I rebooted the DSENGIN and VM. Any thoughts why I am getting below error ?

Error Mesage:
Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Services Tier

Could not connect to server [Host Name] on port [9080].

Arun
arun
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I get that same error when trying to log into a client while Information Server 8.5 is down. If your server really is up then maybe there is a firewall blocking traffic between your client and your server.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's more likely, given what's in the error message, that the root cause is not the DataStage services at all. Read the error message carefully. Cannot connect on port 9080 means that you can not connect to the services tier - so that in all probability your WebSphere Application Server (server1) is the culprit. Check its status with the serverStatus.sh command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
akonda
Participant

Post by akonda »

Can somebody suggest me how to unblock the firewalls from this server Or how to change the configuration to use this port number(9080) ??

Or how to find the port used in DS installation ?
Thanks
arun
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

A few relevant questions. Was this a new install or an upgrade? Are you connecting with user isadmin? What is the URL you are attempting to connect with?
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
akonda
Participant

Post by akonda »

It is new installation.
loging as dsadm.
http//isserver:portnumber.
arun
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

Try logging in as isadmin
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
akonda
Participant

Post by akonda »

Not conneting with is admin.

Also,

When I ran a command (netstat -a | grep 9080) to see port. I cont see the port listening.

I there anyway I can see the existing datastage server configuration through Linux to checl which port is used. ??
arun
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

As you said that you can't even see the port 9080 is up running, that means most likely the default WebSphere Application Server process (server1) is not running either. So ask your system admin for help. Trying to us different IDs to login wouldn't solve your problem.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

Ok, so you use internet explorer to connect with http//isserver:portnumber

This should give you a login prompt.

Login as isadmin (no space).

Do you get this far?