How to get the server information from service tier

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dxwwq557
Participant

How to get the server information from service tier

Post by dxwwq557 »

Hi All,

I got a trouble , How can I get the the server name from service tier? are there any command lines? maybe u cannot get my problem. I will give a example.

ie. when we login the datastge from client. we must put host name of the service tier, and user/passwords, then we click the projects ,it will show us the projects as below

servername\projectname

just ie.
host name of the service tier :ods15lp05.boulder.ds.com:9080
username:dsadm
password:dsadm
project:ODS15LP05\mcct

so the things which I want to do are get the server name ODS15LP05 from service tier ods15lp05.boulder.ds.com:9080
. can any one help me?
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

May be you can check the hosts file entries to get the details.
Arvind
dxwwq557
Participant

Post by dxwwq557 »

thanls ur response.

Actully I cannot logon to the server , I only want to create a login view as the client login view.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

the things which I want to do are get the server name ODS15LP05 from service tier ods15lp05.boulder.ds.com:9080
Am I missing something here? The server name (that is, the host name of the services tier) IS ods15lp05 surely?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dxwwq557
Participant

Post by dxwwq557 »

the things which I want to do are get the server name ODS15LP05 from service tier ods15lp05.boulder.ds.com:9080 Am I missing something here? The server name
service tier is ods15lp05.boulder.ds.com:9080, but this is not the server name for ODS15LP06, as you know , the PSEngine can install in another server.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

You can run hostname from before/after subroutine, or get Version.xml from installation directory which will have all the information you need.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So what you actually want is the Engine hostname(s), rather than the Services tier hostname. Is this correct?

Remember that one services tier can support any number of engine tiers. How will you specify which one you want if there is more than one?

Ultimately I believe you're looking at a query against the metadata repository database. Though, if you use the Web Console for Information Server and go to the Domain Management workspace, you should see a list of engine hostnames on the DataStage credentials screen.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.