Datastage version

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marco.mir
Participant

Datastage version

Post by marco.mir »

Hello,

I have Datastage 7.5.3, my costumer uses Datastage 7.5.2. Are there any problems if I use my version of Datastage? If yes, which kind of problems?

Thanks in advance.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

You are mentioning about DS client versions or what? Explain in detail.
Arvind
marco.mir
Participant

Post by marco.mir »

arvind_ds wrote:You are mentioning about DS client versions or what? Explain in detail.
My client is Datastage 7.5.3. Everybody here has client Datastage 7.5.2, so I suppose that it is the same for server.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've seen problems going the other direction - a 7.5.1a client accessing a 7.5.3 server. The official line you'll get from support will be that they have to match.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
marco.mir
Participant

Post by marco.mir »

So if I develop a new job using Datastage 7.5.3 or I modify a old one i shouldn't have problems, right?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Didn't say that. I for one have no idea what problems, if any, you may or may not see doing that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Better to uninstall 7.5.3 clients and go for 7.5.2 instead.
Arvind
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi,

Question is the client that is being used is 7.5.2 and the version that are being used is 7.5.3

Yes there are problems in doing so, some vague functionality like a job designed in 7.5.2 may not through a warning if the null file value was not specified for a nullable column defined in the sequential file stage but where is it may through a warning in 7.5.3 as metadata was more standardized in the new version and there can be more unknown problems as well.

So any company if they try to change the version of a software they do a kind of integration testing to resolve the issues.

I suggest you if you have a flexibility to get the actual version please use it.

No one can say what problems will occur as problems are scenario specific.

Thanks
Sandeepgs
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not install the 7.5.2 client alongside 7.5.3 and switch between them as appropriate?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.