log

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Etler21
Participant

log

Post by Etler21 »

I use to think that dsjob command pull all the information from RT_LOGn files but it certainly don't pull everything from their.

I did a small test,deleted RT_Logn from universe and ran dsjob -linkinfo for a job and it still returns the row count for all links so certainly dsjob pulls these information from other source and i would apriciate if someonce can tell me about this mystery.

Thanks in advance !!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Link counts for the most recent run are stashed in the RT_STATUSnnn hashed file, from what I recall.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

Thanks Craig,Do you know how to retrieve this information,i query this table but did not get any piece of information ??

Anyone done it before ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The easiest way is to use the DataStage API. There is a DataStage BASIC version and a C version of this API.

I'm wondering how you queried the RT_STATUSnnn table when no column names/definitions exist for these tables.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I thought you already "retrieved this information"? dsjob -linkinfo
-craig

Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

Ray,you said right,when i query RT_Status it returns me zero rows and it is not giving me any information.

Craig,using dsjob gives my stats only for last run and I need to get stats or atleast last three or four run.

Is there any way to get this information from command line and not by using datastage job ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All that's stored in the most recent set of stats, if you need more you need to capture and store them. Elsewhere.
-craig