Change/Modify the DS Environmental variable value

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Murali4u
Participant

Change/Modify the DS Environmental variable value

Post by Murali4u »

I have a requirement, i need to change the value of the existing environmental variable after the completion of job execution.? Can anyone pls tell us the solution if you have cme across.
Rockzz Tech
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Which variable you want to change.? Well you can use datastage administerator tool to change the environment variables.If the variable is local to your Windows client machine, use My Computer --> Properties --> Advanced --> Environment variables.

HTH
Arvind
Murali4u
Participant

Post by Murali4u »

I want to be bit clear.. Its datastage administrator variable, not the one in my computer.. I want to dynamically assign/modify the values in the environmental variable not static.
Rockzz Tech
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Include the desired variable into your datastage job by using job properties of that job and specify the intended value at run time.
Arvind
Murali4u
Participant

Post by Murali4u »

Thanx Arvind for your comments..

The sequence is a scheduled one. During the initial execution, it will carry one value and at the end of the job execution, the value need to be assigned with a different value. I just want to know how to modify the value of that environmental variable in datastage.
Rockzz Tech
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Well in that case use a variable activity stage to store the value of the intended variable and use it accordingly during initiation/end of the job sequence.
Arvind