Data connection objects

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmou
Participant

Data connection objects

Post by fmou »

Hi,

I know that,

Data connection objects store the information that is needed to connect to a particular database in a reusable form. They can be used to quickly define a connection to a data source in a job design for related connector stages.

I'm wondering,

- If the connection info is updated in the data connection object, for all those stages that used this data connection object to define DB connections, will the connection info be updated as well? Not unless the job is recompile, I believe. But how about after recompile?

- It's easy to define data connector stages from data connection objects, how about other way around, defining new data connection objects from existing data connector stages?

- Is this data connection object available in DS7 as well?

Thanks
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

- It's easy to define data connector stages from data connection objects, how about other way around, defining new data connection objects from existing data connector stages?
Note to myself,

Yes,

Connector stages can be used to save any connection information that you specify in the stage as a data connection object.