No job report generated

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmou
Participant

No job report generated

Post by fmou »

Following up on a thread that has exactly the same problem as mine,

viewtopic.php?p=367173

In a nutshell, after I click the Job Report tool in the Designer, I never a pops up message box containing link to view the report. I.e., "I don't ever get a second dialog box". And when I look in the reporting console, nothing new there as well. "The reporting tool is failing to execute properly."

Is there any way for me to troubleshoot this, like a log or something?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds to me like something you should be referring to your official support provider. What version of 8.x are you running? Are you current on your fix packs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suse_dk
Participant

Post by suse_dk »

I have the same issue on 8.1 - but only for parallel jobs that have one or more ODBC Connector stages.

For all other jobs I'm able to create a job report.

I don't know if it has been solved in a patch for 8.1, since we are currently migrating to 8.5, and are therefore not quite updated on all patches.
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

I have the same issue on 8.1 - but only for parallel jobs that have one or more ODBC Connector stages.

For all other jobs I'm able to create a job report.
Thanks, that explains the mystery to me why I was able to generate a test report on a simple task, while wasn't able to generate any for all the ones that I really want (parallel, and all have ODBC Connector stages).

Thanks