FastTrack Mapping

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

juliesimo
Participant

FastTrack Mapping

Post by juliesimo »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a simple mapping between two tables TBL_A, TBL_B (residing in a DB2 over z/OS) inside fasttrack v.8.5 (over Linux) and generate a Datastage job. I have imported the metadata of the tables inside FastTrack and used the repository/metadata sharing/create table definition from shared table menu to import the definition inside the datastage.

Then I define the sources and targets for the new mapping by dragging and dropping the TBL_A, TBL_B respectively in the areas of source and target in the scope of the new mapping.

I then mapped TBL_A.col_1 to TBL_B.col_1 (same names) and generated the job. The end result was a parallel job with two connectors and one transformer stage. But inside the transformer the columns that were mapped were TBL_A.col_1 to TBL_B.col_x, where col_x is another column of TBL_B.

Does anyone have any idea why is this happening?
No matter how many times I tried I couldn't get it to map the chosen columns.

Thank you
juliesimo
Participant

Post by juliesimo »

It seems that if I export the table definitions to the datastage via the fasttrack and not by using the datastage menu command to create table definitions from shared tables, evything is fine...

Can anyone confirm this please?
buzzylee
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by buzzylee »

Hi Juliesimo,

I got hit by the same issue today - under Information Server v8.5 with FP1 installated on AIX all the mappings generated via FastTrack are having source-to-target columns mixed.

Moreover, it's mixed-up non-deterministally - every time I generate job I got different results :o

The solution in my case is different - everything works fine if disable using/adding "Shared Tables Definitions" when creating job from FastTrack. BTW that's confusing as it's not about Shared Tables (they are already in place, otherwise I wouldn't be able to create FT mapping!) but about DataStage Table Definitions that are mapped to Stage Links in created job. So I basicaly sacrificed having this relation in place...

Last but not least - my mapping doesn't use all source table's columns. I reckon that might be the root cause of FT confusion as the actual generated Connector Stage uses only the subset of columns (this of course doesn't match Table Definition). I will test it later on.

Cheers
Buzz