export dependent jobs,td's etc using istool

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RK72
Participant

export dependent jobs,td's etc using istool

Post by RK72 »

In IS 8.1 using istool how to export a job and its depenedent objects along with it for example for sequence jobs its jobs in it,routines,table definitions etc or for a parallel job its dependent objects like routines,table definitions etc.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's the resolution?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RK72
Participant

ISTool with includeexecutable not working

Post by RK72 »

Hi Ray,we need to use the below -includedependent option.But ISTOOL with include executable is not working.I am able to export without executables but with executables its a problem I am not sure what is wrong in the below syntax.

./istool export -domain Server1:9080 -username xyz -password xxxx -archive "F:/tmp/scripts/test1.isx" -datastage '-includeexecutable "Server1/Training/Jobs/Metadata/Test_ISTool.pjb"'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What does your official support provider say? Have you checked (for example at Fix Central) whether there are any known bugs at your version of istool related to the -includedependent option? [I am aware that there are some problems exporting FastTrack components with this tool.]
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Use following command.IT wil work.

I have tested sucessfully.

./istool export -domain serverIP:9080 -verbose -username ****** -password ****** -archive "AAAA" -datastage '-includeexecutable "servername/project name /*/jobname.*"'

where
*****- means username/password
AAAA- means path where you want to take backup with file name .dsx

Thanks and regards,
kishor