needMore detailed logs in director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vintipa
Participant

needMore detailed logs in director

Post by vintipa »

Hi Experts,

Please let me know where can I do the settings so that director loggs in more details about the failure errors than normal???

A sequencer is failing but there is no information in the logs in the director.

Thanks in advance.
Vinay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The extra information you need is in the related log for the activity that failed causing the sequence to fail.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhinavagarwal
Participant

Post by abhinavagarwal »

Go and check the logs on the job, due to which, the parent sequence has been aborted.
To view more detail logs on the job use job socres using environment variable.
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi guys.

This faillure is not so transparent as a usual failure. None of the underlying jobs have failed. Actually the seq has many Execute command stages.. it executes one and then fails without executing the next one. and there are no warnings.

That is why i want to find some more detailed log entry. But im not aware how to do this. I want to confirm if this is a design issue or environment issue.
Vinay
abhinavagarwal
Participant

Post by abhinavagarwal »

Run those commands with "sh -x" options ..... so that we can step by step execution of those commands and we will get to know where your sequecer is failing ....