DBMS.CODE=20548 [DataStage][SQL Client] [UNIVERSE] Aborting!

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Not certain what caused the error (try putting a semi-colon at the end of the statement), but I believe there are easier ways to accomplish your task than using SQL against a uniVerse hash file (SQL was never a strong point of uniVerse in my opinion).

I just did the same thing last week in about 5 minutes without the SELECT clause.

Just start a new server job, that has a parameterized project-name. Then put a hash file stage on your canvas and fill in DS_JOBS for the File Name of the hash file. Fill in the Directory Path with a pathname to the area you keep all your projects, and then append the parameterized project name.

Setup the column metadata for all the columns as VarChar. If you use the following settings for Column Name, Length, Position and Type you should be ok:

Name,20,0,S
ReadOnlyFlag,8,1,S
OleType,10,2,S
Category,40,3,S
Description,60,4,S
JobNo,5,5,S
JobTypeindicator,5,6,S
JobID,20,7,M,JobID

Note: the last Column is multidimensional, so put JobID as the association.

At that point it is a data file and you can just use it as any other data source and run it to a file, etc. You can even change the project you are looking at by changing the parameter.

Please note: NEVER attempt to manually change or update the DS_JOBS file.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

SELECT MESSAGE FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = '020548';
reveals that this code is the generic message "Aborting", which doesn't help very much.

My guess is that the total of your field display widths exceeds the device width. Reduce the FMT values or increase the width parameter using the SETPTR command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
joycerecacho
Participant

Post by joycerecacho »

ray.wurlod wrote:

Code: Select all

SELECT MESSAGE FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = '020548';
reveals that this code is the generic message "Aborting", which doesn't help very much.
My friend,
Thank you for your help!!
Yeap, the message is not that clear, I agree. Actually is not clear at all.

Best Regards,
Joyce A. Recacho
São Paulo/SP
Brazil