Can't open active stages

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmou
Participant

Can't open active stages

Post by fmou »

Hi,

it's a very weird problem. I can't open any of the active stages from my exercise jobs any more, while passive stages open fine -- if I try to click on any active stages from my existing exercise jobs, the DS designer just freeze there, and eventually I have to kill it from the DS Manager.

I assumed that there were something wrong with the DS server, is that so?

I removed all DS related packages (including server & client) from windows, and did a reinstall, having a clean reboot after the removal, but the problem persists.

it's so weird to me. Any possible reasons (and fixes)?

thanks
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Is that happens only to a particular job or to all of the jobs? Did you try creating a new job? Is that the same?
Arun
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

arunkumarmm wrote:Is that happens only to a particular job or to all of the jobs? Did you try creating a new job? Is that the same?
Everything, starting with new job and revert to old ones.

FYI, having found the following Datastage FAQ entry, I gave up trying and restore my last-good os backup.

Datastage Designer hangs when editing job activity properties
http://etl-tools.info/en/datastage-faq- ... erties.htm

The appears when running Datastage Designer under Windows XP after installing patches or the Service Pack 2 for Windows. . .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's a very old piece of information related to the fact that installing Service Pack 2 for Windows XP broke certain things in DataStage. Seeing as how SP2 was released seven years ago, I doubt it caused your issue.

I'm sure there would have been a less drastic solution but restoring your last O/S backup was certainly an option.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers