Scripts involved in Application enable/disable

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jaksani
Participant

Scripts involved in Application enable/disable

Post by jaksani »

Hi,

Please let me know what and all scripts would be run in background when a deployed application is enabled/disabled in Information Server.

If I know this I can create a script to do this operation, so that every time need not to login console to do enable/disable to refresh resources.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... this question is specific to WISD / web service enabled job? Is that what you mean by "application"?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

Whenver I load CASS files every time I need to disable & enable the deployed application(project) in Information server through Console to refresh resources.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, actually a QualityStage question? Just trying to determine what the proper forum is to move this to...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

My purpose is reg Quality stage. But this is a general question.
What I would like to know is ,
Is there any way to enable/disable the application (project) through UNIX rather than doing from console for Information Server?
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's not even any way to disable a project from Web Console for Information Server, as far as I am aware. If you know of one, please advise.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This "sounds" like an Information Services Director question, and the desire to perform an enable/disable of a particular application at the command line instead of doing it at the "Deployed Applications Workspace" of the Information Server Console (not the Web Console, the console that is shared between IA and ISD).

...if that is the actual question, the answer is yes ---- provided you are on 8.5.......in 8.5, command line control was introduced for primarily this reason, as well as automated deployment and a few other important functions.

There is no way to do it without the GUI prior to 8.5.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>