Installation Issue : Logon failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nishantrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Installation Issue : Logon failure

Post by nishantrk »

Hi,
I have a newly installed datastage client on the fresh system
Am getting a message "The current user doesn't have the required datastage role setup" .

I have been using datastage client from another machine using the same userid and password.All seems to fine there...
The new installation is having some issue due to which am getting this message.

Did anyone get this issue before...
Any help would be great as am struggling for weeks now...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

In Web Console for Information Server you need to set up DataStage User role for this user. You will also need to set up an appropriate role in each project using the DataStage Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nishantrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nishantrk »

Thanks for the reply...The problem here is the role setup is fine..Since am able to logon to the project from other machine...Its just the new machine which is giving this issue??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you read my entire answer?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nishantrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nishantrk »

Sorry ..am new to datastage didn't quiet understand the answer can you please elaborate..
or probably I didn't put the question correctly.

I have installed data-stage designer client on my machine, and the administration had defined the roles and granted access to my id.
But whenever i try to login I get this "roles not setup message".

To verify that he had setup everything fine , Datastage adminstrator asked me to login from another person machine using my userid .I tried that and it worked fine...So that how we concluded that the there is something missing in Installation...
Though how many times I try to Install it again..I get the same message..