process of create new project in existing server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

esivaprasad
Participant

process of create new project in existing server

Post by esivaprasad »

Hi,
Can any one tell what is the process to create new project in existing server that already have two projects,need to give admin access to this new project only,no min level access to existing projects or project related folder.
please let me know what details\things i need before starting creating new project.
Thank you for all your support and suggestions in advance.
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only thing you need is DataStage Administrator role. Once the project has been created only administrators have access to it until some project roles have been specifically granted via the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

thanks for your info.i have admin access and admin role,please let me know the process.
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Administrator client, click Add on Projects tab. Provide project name and pathname. Set Properties of newly-created project to suit your requirements.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

hi,
Thank you i did this and created new project through adminstrator based on your info.
can you tell this, they given unix id ECS for this new project.how can i acheive this requirement "need to give admin access to this unix id ECS this new project only,no min level access to existing projects or any other projects related folder".
thank you for all your support.
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not do this. You can certainly provide Admin-only access to this project simply by not granting any other users/groups access. However, the Administrator has ex officio access to all projects. So you can't limit an administrator from the other projects.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

if possible can you please explain the steps more detail.
thank you for all your support.
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no more detail, unless you require someone here to copy the steps (for creating a project) from the Administration guide into a post.

And that's not going to happen.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

Thank you for all your support and time.

the new id is created for this new project,am able to access new project as well as already existing projects.
but i donot want to give access to other projects,like i want to give access like developer role for new project only for this newly created unix id.
please suggest according to these details and requirement.
Siva