new project locked by DataStageSystemUser

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johm73
Charter Member
Charter Member

new project locked by DataStageSystemUser

Post by johm73 »

I created a new project on an existing server installation where I other projects. It creates the new project without errors but when I then try to import items into said project, I get the following error I've never seen.

Please note the project is complete empty besides default components. It basically has all the folders locked.

Anyone know how this happens and more importantly how I remove the lock?

Line 390: The Folder '\Table Definitions' is locked by user 'DataStageSystemUser'
(SessionID '73965DC5-D89E-49D7-86DE-79D66796E38B').
Object=STP_Connect.
Class=CParameterSet.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you make it a protected project?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
johm73
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by johm73 »

No I did not.
cjackson
Participant

Post by cjackson »

Have you solved this issue? I am having the very same issue. I've found that I cannot delete the project either.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As a Suite Administrator open Web Console for Information Server. Under Session Management is there an active session with session ID '73965DC5-D89E-49D7-86DE-79D66796E38B' ? If so, you might try disconnecting it to release the lock.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cjackson
Participant

Post by cjackson »

Sorry, I don't have the premium content if you suggested this already. Under the WebConsole there weren't any active session other than my web connection. I found the link below to remove locks, but we didn't try it.
We ended up restarting the server, which cleared the issue.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21469893