DS 8.1, microsoft team foundation server and versioning

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS 8.1, microsoft team foundation server and versioning

Post by hsahay »

Hi

We have not yet fully migrated to 8.1. Our DEV and PROD environments are still 7.5 but QA, UAT and IT have been migrated to 8.1

So we use version control to save the 7.5 source and deploy to 7.5 environments. Then we export the 7.5 jobs, import them to 8.1 DEV environment and use 8.1 ISM packages to deploy to other 8.1 environments.

Now I have seen it mentioned on the internet that the eclipse plugin in conjunction with microsoft's team foundation server can be used with information server manager to obtain the version control functionality of the type that we are used to in Ds 7.5.

Has anyone used something like this ? How does it compare with 7.5 version control ? And how exactly does one go on implementing it.

thanks a ton
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect you need version 8.5, in which interaction with source code control tools is available through Information Server Manager. We're using an Eclipse plug-in to interact with SubVersion.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

thanks Ray
vishal