DS_JOBOBJECTS seems not updated after job import

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Alethesnake
Participant

DS_JOBOBJECTS seems not updated after job import

Post by Alethesnake »

Hi All,

I'm facing an issue with a query on my repository through uv stages.
I'm selecting some job attributes with a query on DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS but I found some missing objects. Those missing objects were imported (design and executables) from another repository.
I recompiled them and at this point my uv query runs well with the results I expected.

Is there a way to force a refresh or something similar of DS_JOBOBJECTS/DS_JOBS hashed files before querying them or I need to recompile every job I move from an environment to another one every time?

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro.
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

when you import the job desing only the desing information is saved to the repository and the actual back end stuff gets refreshed when you compile it.

The above is what i have understood so far.
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nothing changes in DS_JOBS or DS_JOBOBJECTS when you compile. On import, jobs get new numbers - it may be this that leads to your "seems not updated". These two hashed files contain design time information - if your export contained only job executables, of course, they would not affect DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS at all.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Alethesnake
Participant

Post by Alethesnake »

Hi, I made the following test:

1) imported a sequence with a job into my project (design and executable).
2)
run the query:

select * from DS_JOBS where NAME='MYSEQNAME';

and I got the record related to my sequence (with id 4228).

run the query:
SELECT DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO, DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJID, DS_JOBOBJECTS.@ID, EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS.'@RECORD<12>' , EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS.'@RECORD<11>', EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS.'@RECORD<12>', EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS.'@RECORD<25>', DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME FMT '30L' FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE NAME='MYJOBNAME';

and I got just 1 record with the IDNO of my job (3718).

3) I then compiled the sequence. I noticed that DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS get modified, "ls -l" command returns an old date and time before compilation, and the current date and time after compilation.

4) I run the above query on DS_JOBOBJECTS and now it returns 2 records the one mentioned above and a new one with the id number of my sequence (4228).

I tried to do the same thing substituting compilation with reindexing (DS.REINDEX ALL), but only for vanishing my hopes to solve in this way..
emblem_user
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by emblem_user »

ray.wurlod wrote:Nothing changes in DS_JOBS or DS_JOBOBJECTS when you compile. On import, jobs get new numbers - it may be this that leads to your "seems not updated". These two hashed files contain design time information - if your export contained only job executables, of course, they would not affect DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS at all.
I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. Jobs that were exported from one project and imported into another project only have records in DS_JOBS and not in DS_JOBOBJECTS in the new project. This is the case with jobs that were exported/imported both with and without the executables. I tried just saving the job to see if that would restore the records, but it didn't. It isn't until I compile the code in the new project that records appear in DS_JOBOBJECTS for the job.

Luckily this doesn't plague our main production environment as those jobs are imported without executables and are compiled upon being imported. It does affect some of our other projects though. If anyone knows of a bulk method of refreshing the DS_JOBOBJECTS table, that would be very helpful!

--Mike