Exporting DS jobs through CITRIX machine/DS Server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datisaq
Participant

Exporting DS jobs through CITRIX machine/DS Server

Post by datisaq »

I'm working on Datastage 7.5 version which is installed on the citrix machine. There is URL for logging into citrix, after logging i can see all the DS client components and putty(UNIX component) on it. There is no remote desktop which we can see on the citrix box.

I'm having lot of independent datastage jobs to export(one by one) i know we can do using the "dscmdexport" / "dsexport" for it but how can i run these commands on my citrix machine?? I can't navigate to the windows drive to go these commands.

Is this commands will be present in the UNIX server also?? Or we're having other utility on the server through which we can do the DS jobs export operation??

Please provide your inputs
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
tbharathkumar
Participant

Re: Exporting DS jobs through CITRIX machine/DS Server

Post by tbharathkumar »

In CITRIX virtual machines are mapped under metaframe server, Usually datastage installed in virtual windows server 2003 machine.
Login datastge manager, try to export DSX and check for directory which it is pointed to.
My guess you can interface Dev windows & Dev unix in putty using FTP.

You can even import using dsimport
Regards,
Bharath Tipirisetty
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can configure Citrix Metaframe server to map a drive on your local client. For example V: drive on the remote client machine might map back to C: drive on your local computer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prdpreddy
Participant

Post by prdpreddy »

Here when you try to export the jobs. in the dialog box we can change the path , like our local machines and also any other shared drive. so that .dsx files can be placed in safe place either in required storage place like shared drive or local desktop.. or ftp to unix box
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

Actually i need the command paths for "dsexport" or "dscmdexport" in my citrix machine i can't see these commands. Since i didn't have access to my the C drive from CITRIX i found it's very difficult to use this.

Is there any other way i can import/export DS jobs from the UNIX server it self??

Pls provide your inputs
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You probably don't have that server side option on 7.5. I know it is there on 8.1.

As for the Citrix side, you could write a VB script to wrap around the command line call and expose that. It would also allow you to standadize the call for your multple users.

I know that the Citrix admins would not want to expose a command line to their users as that could mess up the Citrix box royally.