Email Subject is not populating

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Email Subject is not populating

Post by jagadam »

Hi All,

We have got a strange issue with Email subject notification. We are scheduling ds jobs through third party tool called UC4. For few master sequencers the email subjects are not populating and for some others it's working fine. If i run the same job through datastage i don't see any issues and email subjects are working fine.

So is there any place where we can debug this issue. Could anyone let me know what might be wrong. Please throw your inputs.

Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by jagadam on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... throw us a bone here. Are you using the actual Email Notification stage in your Sequence jobs or something else? How are you populating the subject?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jagadam »

I am using actual email notification activity stage in sequencers and the subject line would be of " XXX Job finsihed succesfully in #Environment# (Environment is a parameter -- test/qa/prod).
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

you trigger the job using your scheduling tool or run it from datastage or Unix as long as your paramets passed are the same the subject should be populated properly.

Run the job using your scheduling tool (where you say the subject isn't working fine) and run it from datastage (where you say subject works is populated correctly) and observe the parameters, that should give you a clue.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

the email notification stage should populate the subject regardless of from where you are running..

if u run via scheduling tool or unix script or datastage, it should populate.

Your case is strange..
pandeeswaran
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you say it is 'not populating' do you mean sometimes it is blank? Or that the text is there but the status variable is missing/unresolved? :?
-craig

jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jagadam »

Thanks for all your replys . I will do a test to compare the parameters with ds run and scheduling tool run.

Chulett --- Yes sometimes it is blank.
NJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That makes no sense and seems like something to me that you should take to your official support provider. Perhaps there is a patch or fixpack available that addresses that.
-craig

jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jagadam »

Thanks Chulett. I will take this to official support provider and let you know the updates.

Once again thanks to everyone for the inputs.
NJ