Datastage 7.5.1A Migration From Solaris to AIX

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because you're paranoid? :lol:

Again, you need highly skilled technical support to explain why a particular library can not be unpacked. People outside IBM are extremely unlikely to have the skills or analytical tools needed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dbdecoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dbdecoy »

Thanks once again Ray!
paranoid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paranoid »

Ray,

DS is installed successfully on the server after reloading the installation files and giving necessary permissions to the installation folder chmod -R 777 <install_media_directory> .

While moving the configuration files from the older server.. We could see some memory values in the uvodbc file where we need to modify them to recommended values. Could you please advise on changing these memory settings in uvodbc file?

Thanks
Sue
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not aware of any memory settings that can be made in uvodbc.config. Can you be more specific?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
paranoid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paranoid »

Ray,

These are the following default values that exist in the UVODBC file:

DMEMOFF 0x40000000
PMEMOFF 0x50000000
CMEMOFF 0x60000000
NMEMOFF 0x70000000

We need to set recommended values for all the above memory parameters.

Thanks
Sue
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, you are actually talking about the uvconfig file, yes? I would imagine that the default values are the 'recommended' values, which is why they are there. I for one have never seen a need to change them.

I certainly hope you did not move that file over from your old, completely different operating system server. If you did, you need to restore the original.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
paranoid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paranoid »

Thanks Chulett. Since the file in the solaris server has got the default values hashed out and included new values, i am in the perception that we need to change the default values in the new AIX server as well.

We didnt move the file from solaris to AIX yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks again

Sue
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I wouldn't make any such assumptions. Look into changing those values only if you have "issues", I wouldn't worry about that out of the box.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
paranoid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paranoid »

Thanks so much Chulett. We will think about it if we start facing any issues. We will keep this post updated.

Thanks
Sue
paranoid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paranoid »

Hi,

The installation and moving of the files have been completed succesfully. We are able to start DS services on the server.

But we are getting an error while connecting through client:

Getting following error message:
Failed to connect to host: cusncd01, project: UV
(The connection was refused or the RPC daemon is not running (81016))

After going through this forum based on the error code, most of them suggested to restart the services. But it didnt help me.

Please advise.

Sue