Job Sequences Not restarting as expected

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Job Sequences Not restarting as expected

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi
I have a master sequence and child sequence which is called by the master. The master sequence properties has its add checkpoints propety set.

The child sequence has two job activities and the child sequence properties is set to add checkpoints and all the job activities have their job run option set as Reset if required and run.

I had an abort in the child sequence job activities and i have fixed the problem. While i tried to restart the master sequence it is trying to run the child job sequence without resetting it and hence the master sequence breaks again...

Any clues what would be the problem ..?
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The job activity in the master sequence that runs the child sequence would appear to be "Run" rather than "Reset if required, then run".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

No... All the job activities in the master sequence are enabled for reset if required and then run .....
Regards
Ragu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

With checkpointing turned on in the 'child' sequences, you really don't want them to be reset as that will remove any checkpoints and rerun them from the beginning. I assume you want them to pick up from the aborted step, yes?

How exactly does 'the master sequence break again'? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers