IIS web console login details

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

grasshopper
Participant

IIS web console login details

Post by grasshopper »

Hello All,
I am working on IIS 8.5 and a newbie as well. After we login to web console through URL
we can create users/groups and assign them required role in the Suite. What I want to find out is, if there is any way we can find the files/location where IIS store that information? Is it some IBM proprietary format or located on the server with /etc/passwd file type format.

Thank you,
Thank you and Regards,
Soham
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All that information is stored in the common metadata repository (a database we usually call XMETA, since this is its default name). You are correct to assume that the format is proprietary, though it can be discovered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
grasshopper
Participant

Post by grasshopper »

Ray, I cannot see complete reply as I am no premium member. is there any other way you can post it?

Thank you for your help.
Thank you and Regards,
Soham
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Premium membership is the main way that DSXchange's hosting and bandwidth costs are met. Why not sign up? It's not expensive, at less than 30c (approximately Rs11 on current rates) per day.
Follow the membership link from the home page.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.