List Users by Project

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

List Users by Project

Post by tonystark622 »

Can anyone please tell me how I can get a list of users by project? I opened a support ticket with IBM and their best answer was... "you can't". This would help me tremendously as it takes me 3-4 hours to complile this list manually with Administrator... iterating through each project.

Thanks,
Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Their best answer is correct - you can't.

In versions prior to 8.0 you could report via the DS_LICENSE table, but that has now become the login and security service.

Similarly, prior to version 8.0 project roles for DataStage were stored in hidden files in the project (such as .operator.adm and .developer.adm) but, again, this information is now stored in the XMETA database.

Alas the structure of XMETA remains undocumented; you could experiment to see whether there are any tables in there that include ROLE in the table name, and investigate further from there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You can if you can navigate IBM's table layout in the Metadata database.

There are about 3 tables that you need to select from. Can't really say how to do it... since it does invlove some hunting and hacking...

It's all hush hush... but it's out there.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

PaulVL wrote:but it's out there.
Out there... where, in la la land?

Tony, I may have an answer for you soon.

Check this nearly-identical post from someone, much like yourself:

viewtopic.php?t=143900
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

I believe what PaulVL is saying is that IBM highly discourages the direct access of xmeta. You can access it, but each fixpack or version upgrade may break any functionality that you've spent time and resources to build. There's a reason the xmeta model is not published. Access it at your own risk.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I believe Tony found his answer offline.

And that would be correct KW. XMETA queries are a use at your own risk situation without any support for upward compatibility.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You think Tony will share his answer found offline on this post or the other post with same subject? That would be good info to share.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

You might take a look at xmeta table ASCLMODEL_USERB1C497CE (or like so)

On oracle:

Code: Select all

select table_name from all_tables where table_name like 'ASCLMODEL_USER%'

then

select PRINCIPALID_XMETA, LASTNAME_XMETA, FIRSTNAME_XMETA from ASCLMODEL_USERB1C497CE
I didn't figure out how to relate users to projects, because our naming convention takes the project in user name (user-project).

If it works on 8.1, I don't know for other versions.

Eric
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

See this topic: viewtopic.php?t=154942