Unable to log in to Datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to log in to Datastage

Post by cosec »

Hi,

We are currently encountering the following error:

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected domain. Unexpected end of file from server.

Upon checking, we were informed that the xmeta file was corrupt.

Is there any way how we can retrieve the datastage jobs ?

Please assist.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who informed you? (They may not know what they are talking about, not least because XMETA is not a file.)

Can you connect to the services tier using Web Console for Information Server? (http://machinename:9080 on 8.1 and earlier, http://machinename:9080/ibm/console on 8.5)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

Hi Ray,

We are not able to log in to the any of the consoles (Administator, Designer etc.)

We were advised by IBM that the XMETA repository was corrupt and that's why we are not able to login. We were told to do a clean re-install.

Since we do not have a backup of the recent changes, we would like to know of any possible way to be able to take a backup of the jobs in the current situation ( without login credentials....)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not if XMETA is truly corrupted. You could try, using one of the command line interfaces such as dscmdexport, dsexport or istool, but I suspect that they're all doomed to a "failure to authenticate" failure.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be better to ask IBM whether XMETA can be repaired/recovered.
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

I just noticed that I am able to run my jobs. It's just that we cannot log in to the consoles. I will try to do a backup from command line. thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server jobs can be run without reference to XMETA.