Auto Purge Log Project Property Change in Production

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suresh.angadi
Participant

Auto Purge Log Project Property Change in Production

Post by suresh.angadi »

Hi,

I need one clarification about Auto Purge Log project propery, I have some 2000 jobs running daily in production and some jobs run with multipule instance (Same invocation id is used for every run so logs keep on appending). Auto purge Propery was set to 40 days.

I want to change Auto Purge Propery to 7 runs, and this chnage in property should be applied to all the existing jobs in production including the logs with multipule instance.

Can anyone please suggest.

Regards
Suresh Angadi
Suresh Angadi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's nothing out of the box for you. You might Search DSXchange for examples of how to go about automating this task - essentially a routine that runs through all jobs changing their purge settings. The auto-purge settings only affect subsequently-created jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

To apply auto-purge settings to existing jobs, you have to export and import all the existing jobs.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This makes them "subsequently created" jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Exactly. :wink:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius