Sequence Failing wierdly. Job is running but seq failing

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hcdiss
Participant

Sequence Failing wierdly. Job is running but seq failing

Post by hcdiss »

Hi, I've a job 'TestJob_1' which extracts data from DB2 source and load it into oracle table. I've a sequence which calles this job. When I trigger the sequence, the sequence Aborts however the underlying job is successful...

I tried multiple things but in vain..
Note- I've compiled the job and sequence multiple times, cleared status files..Dont know what is happening...Help is greately appreciated ...

Below is the Summary of sequence run-->>
(you can see exception is raised but still the TestJob_1 is successful and sequence is aborted !!!)

test_seq..JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run
00:17:48: Sequence started (checkpointing on)
00:17:48: TestJob_1 (JOB TestJob_1) started
00:17:50: Execute_sequencer_sh (COMMAND sequencer.sh) started
00:18:07: Execute_sequencer_sh finished, reply=0
00:18:07: Job_Activity_151 (JOB TestJob_1) started
00:18:07: Exception raised: @Job_Activity_151, Error calling DSRunJob(TestJob_1), code=-2 [Job is not in the right state (compiled and not running)]
00:18:12: TestJob_1 (JOB TestJob_1) finished, status=2 [Finished with warnings]
00:18:15: Sequence failed (restartable)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What delightfully meaningful activity names!!!

What job does Job_Activity_151 run? That's right - TestJob_1. You appear to be attempting to run it twice. The second attempt probably fails because TestJob_01 is not in the right state because it is already running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.