Which version of SubVersion is compatible with 8.5

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Which version of SubVersion is compatible with 8.5

Post by cdp »

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to use Subversion as a team services provider, for source (document) control, in the Information Server 8.5 Server Manager. I have a CollabNet Version 1.3.1 Repository of SubVersion setup, but when I try to update the eclipse plug-in to download the plug-in I get the following error:

Code: Select all

IBM InfoSphere Information Server Manager (1.0.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.gef (3.3.0.v20070620)".
However, when I then try to update the eclipse framework I get additional errors!

I'm not particularly attached to CollabNet so if anyone has had any success with any other flavour I'd be keen to know.

Thanks...Jonathan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm about to embark on integration of SubVersion, though I don't know what "brand" the SubVersion server is (just started at new gig). We're using Tortoise as the client - but who doesn't? So, sometime in the near future, we have to configure the interface between Information Server Manager and SubVersion. Not a combination I've worked with yet either.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

I've had an attempt at using the Subversive Eclipse plugin but I am still getting issues with the plugin requiring

Code: Select all

"org.eclipse.gef (3.3.0.v20070620)"
I'm also having issues updating the Framework itself!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't tried any of these beyond early viewing of the supported CVS and Clear Case scenarios, but as far as I know, there is a requirement that whatever versioning tooling you try must have a plugin that is an implementation of Eclipse Team Support and formally supports Eclipse 3.3.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
cwillems
Premium Member
Premium Member

Subversion Integration with Information Manager

Post by cwillems »

Ray I have successfully integrated subversion with 8.5 on a hpux Itanium server. You are welcome to give me a call and I can go over how I did it and how the interface works.
Christiaan Willems
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

Hi Christiaan,

Would you mind sharing what version of Subversion and which eclipse plug-in you used? Did you follow the standard Information Server Manager app install and was there any gotchas?

Thanks in advance!
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Thanks for those instructions, every helpful.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I second that, particularly since the site I'm at will be doing exactly what's described next week (or the week after).
:D
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

Thanks for that, the install worked as expected.

I have a feeling the previous issue I was experiencing was centered around the fact I was trying to apply the update to the Client on the Server (64 bit windows), that must have an incompatible version of the framework. AS it worked first time on the Client machine. I might raise the question with IBM in case it is a bug!

Regards...Jonathan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I was impressed today, which is a rare event. We've installed the plug-in and it works properly and all that, but the thing that impressed was the fact that the Information Server Manager help had been updated with a chapter on the SubVersion Eclipse plug-in.
devo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devo »

We just started using this subclipse too, and it is working well for code versioning. I am attempting to get Packages into SVN as well from Info Server manager but running into trouble. Has any one used subclipse for packages?
Grant Dever
Programmer Analyst Sr