Regarding Oracle as Metadata Repository V8.5 Infosphere

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Regarding Oracle as Metadata Repository V8.5 Infosphere

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

Hi

We are planning to install Infosphere Datastage server v8.5 in our project.I am new to installation.We have decided to use Oracle as our Metadata Repository.
Can anyone please let me know if we need to install either Oracle 11g R2 Server? or Client? so that we use as our Metadata Repository.

Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get into the habit of researching in the Information Center particularly for version 8.5.

The manual IBM InfoSphere Information Server Planning, Installation, and Configuration Guide will also prove useful in answering questions about requirements and planning for installation.

You will need to have an instance of Oracle (10g or 11g Release 2) installed somewhere. Whether or not you need Oracle client software on your DataStage server will depend among other things on whether your repository and engine tiers are co-resident.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.