Designer Disappear

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suryapkakani
Participant

Designer Disappear

Post by suryapkakani »

Hi All,

I was trying to run a Master Job Sequence ( Which have 100 Job activities in terms of 10 parallel blocks ). When I was trying to compile the job in Designer the designer hangs and disappears all of sudden. When I try to reopen the job it says the job is locked. What is the way to get around this problem.
sunny
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Try logging in to the web console and disconnecting all of your active designer sessions.
suryapkakani
Participant

Post by suryapkakani »

PaulVL wrote:Try logging in to the web console and disconnecting all of your active designer sessions.
Hi Paul,

It is not the problem of Job Locking, It is the problem of the Client Designer disappearing and job locking.
sunny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does it (Designer) lose focus or disappear completely? If you "show desktop" can you get back to it? Using Alt-Tab can you switch to Designer after this occurs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

There is a way to turn on Java auditing and it will dump all the Java calls to a file. Unfortunately I can't remember how to do that!

Your service provider should be able to tell you how to turn on Java logging. If the client is crashing the log will contain what caused it to crash and your service provider will then be able to help diagnose what is causing the issue.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020