Parameters Value In Sequencer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sachinag
Participant

Parameters Value In Sequencer

Post by sachinag »

Hi,

I have a sequencer and I am passing some parameter values manually to it.

What i want is, if suppose i forgot to pass value to any one parameter, my sequencer should not run or if runs it should abort immediately or should prompt me for every parameter.

Can we do this in sequencer without using any user defined routine.

Please help me on this.

Regards,
Sachin Gupta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A routine could simplify this but you could use trigger expressions to check your parameters for values and a Terminator stage to stop things when any are empty.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Nested Condition activity - which is basically a placeholder activity that only has triggers - would be ideal.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachinag
Participant

Post by sachinag »

Hi

Thanks for your reply,can you please brief me about how to use trigger expression to check parameters.

Regards,
Sachin Gupta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It would be an expression that evaluates to true or false, exactly the same as you would use in a Transformer constraint. When true, the trigger 'fires' and whatever is at the other end executes. You can check for failure condition(s) first and then use an Otherwise trigger for the good path or reverse that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers