Datastage server 8.1 installation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Datastage server 8.1 installation

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

Hi

Can you suggest me what to checkin(while installing) among the below components if I need to install the Datastage server 8.1 edition only?

(Websphere Business Glosary,Websphere Business Glosary Anywhere,Websphere Datastage and Qualitystage,Information Server FastTract,Webphere Information Analyzer,Websphere Information services Director,Information server Manager,Metadata Workbench,Websphere Metadata Server)

(I wonder why these all these components were checked in when I selected my defualt license xml file from the zip folder(IBM dump) DS_license_file.zip)

Or Is that all the above components will come with server edition suite(DataStageSvr_v8.1_WinSvr2003.zip) also?
Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Licensing is now on an honesty system. Check only those components that you have actually purchased. If, when IBM audits your site (which the licensing agreement allows them to do), they find you using unlicensed software, you get to pay for that software back to day 1 (probably plus penalties).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

ray.wurlod wrote:Licensing is now on an honesty system. Check only those components that you have actually purchased. If, when IBM audits your site (which the licensing agreement allows them to do), they find you us ...

Thanks Ray.

As per analysis,I got to know that
the PX edition is Infosphere Information Server 8.1 (InfoSvr_v8.1_WinSvr2003.zip,IS_license_file.zip)

and the Server edition is InfoSphere DataStage Server 8.1 (DataStageSvr_v8.1_WinSvr2003.zip,DS_license_file.zip)

My question is whether,If we buy the server edition i.e (DataStageSvr_v8.1_WinSvr2003.zip,DS_license_file.zip),do we get all the below components also?
(Websphere Business Glosary,Websphere Business Glosary Anywhere,Websphere Datastage and Qualitystage,Information Server FastTract,Webphere Information Analyzer,Websphere Information services Director,Information server Manager,Metadata Workbench,Websphere Metadata Server) or only we get Websphere Datastage and Qualitystage and Metadata repository?

One of our onsite has downloaded the dump(DataStageSvr_v8.1_WinSvr2003.zip,DS_license_file.zip) and I am not sure on the components we have in our dump.
Is there any simpler way that I can find the components which we purchased.FYI I am giving all the folder names in the is-ia-suite folder

assemblies
BusinessGlossaryAnywhereClient
DatabaseSupport(Metadatarepository,Information Analyzer)
Mainframe Components
MetaBrokersAndBridges
QSRules
ResponseFiles
TutorialData(Datastage,FastTrack,Qualitystage)
Utilities
biuld.txt
suite.jar
install.exe

Please let me know if we can find the components we have?

Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The most accurate way is inspection of the order documenation between the reseller (or IBM) and your organization. Contact your account representative.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.