Sequence jobs are getting aborted

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ureddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequence jobs are getting aborted

Post by ureddy »

Hi All,

While running the sequence jobs Iam getting the below error for all the sequence jobs and then the sequence job is getting aborted.

"Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job test_uma.. JobControl"

The error ia coming for all the sequence in the 'ABC' project on 'XYZ' server.
Server jobs are running fine without any issues and Only the above error is coming for sequence jobs.

The other projects on the same server are running fine.

After resetting the aborted job the message I can see in the director log is below.

"From prevoius run
DataStage Job 1825 Phantom 19061
Program "JOB.299488457.DT.1568218229":Line 110, Unable to open the operating system file "DSG_BP.O/DSDetachJob.B".
{ERRORNT] No such file or directory
Program "JOB.299488457.DT.1568218229":Line 110, Unable to load file "DSDetachJob".
Program "JOB.299488457.DT.1568218229":Line 110, Unable to load subroutine.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job test_uma.. JobControl

DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE=3"

I am not calling any subroutine in my jobs. Any guess what could be the issue?

Thanks in avance,
ureddy
Reddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, you ARE calling subroutines - look at the job control code in your sequence. DSDetachJob is one of these. For some reason this has been de-cataloged in this project. It would be nice to find out by whom. In the meantime, export the entire project, create a new project, import everything into the new project, then delete the damaged project. This will be the fastest path to recovery.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ureddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ureddy »

Thanks Ray.
What are the ways the users can de-cataloged these sub-routines?
It can be done from Administratior or from UNIX server only we can do it?

Regards,
Ureddy
Reddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It can be done from UNIX server, it can be done from Administrator client, it might even have been done from a job - either accidentally or maliciously. I can't tell if it's just the catalog entry or the code as well that's missing. The workaround I gave you will be faster than trying to find out.

From Administrator, in the project in question, execute the following commands. They will inform how badly the routine has been decataloged.

Code: Select all

LIST.ITEM VOC 'DSDetachJob'
LIST DSG_BP.O 'DSDetachJob.B'
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.