Components of Infosphere 8.1 Datastage server edition

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Components of Infosphere 8.1 Datastage server edition

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

Hi

We had Infosphere 8.1 Datastage server edition purchased from IBM.I am new to installation of 8.1 in Windows.

I see the all the products.

QualityStage and Datastage designer,QualityStage and Datastage director,QualityStage and Datastage administrator and also other components Information Analyzer,Business Glossary.

Can anyone tell me whether we get Qualitystage also in Infosphere 8.1 server edition. Or IBM has generically kept the name for the components as QualityStage and Datastage designer instead Datastage Designer though it doesnot have Qualitystage in Infosphere 8.1 server edition(internally)

Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The client is called "DataStage and QualityStage Designer" (or Director or Administrator) whether you buy DataStage, QualityStage or both. The two products share the same set of clients.

You should not have installed Information Analyzer, Business Glossary or any other products unless you have licensed them. You can run the script LicensingServiceAdmin.bat to fix this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.