How to list jobs modification dates?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Assuming a default installation, C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dssh.exe
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Our server is on AIX. We only have clients installed on our machines. Is there any way in which I can contact the AIX server thru my batch script and get the desired result? Some tool other than uvsh and dssh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. You can use the Administrator client, but you can't script commands to be run through that interface.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Thank you all for the support.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

synsog wrote:Our server is on AIX.
And yet your first post categorized it as a Windows server, hence the replies you received. I've corrected that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Another solution is to use Metadata Workbench and just run a query for the Job object and list the Last Modified Date and Last Modified By values.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Hi,

I tested the jobs listed in DS_AUDIT table against the result obtained from advanced find today and found out that both the methods list different jobs.

For e.g. - I queried DS_AUDIT table -

SELECT @ID FORMAT '80L' FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE DTM LIKE '2010-11-02%';

and searched the modified jobs in advanced find where last modified is today.

I got job1, job2, job3 as a result of query and job2, job3, job4 as a result of advanced find.

Is there any other way in which we can list the modified jobs wrt a particular day? Can you tell me what populates the advanced find results? What are the tables used to get the search result in advanced find?

Thanks in advance !!!
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

How can I find out all the tables listed in administrator client?

Is there any show tables or any other command which might save my purpose?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I really don't think that question relates to job modification dates? Please begin a new thread.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Ray,

I want to know if there is any table other than DS_AUDIT from which I can extract job modification information. As I didnt receive any response to my previous question I asked information on how to list the tables in administrator client.

Why I need this information?

This is because I am working on a script which works on a daily basis and backs up all the jobs modified till the end of day.
STEP 1. The script attaches to a project.
STEP 2. Lists the jobs modified in that particular project.
STEP 3. Backs up jobs wrt list obtained at STEP 2

The entire script is ready but the only thing in which I am lagging is "how to get the job list in STEP 2". I tried querying DS_AUDIT but the jobs obtained were different than that obtained while using the Datastage Designer "Advanced Find" option.

Please advise on the same.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no other single table on the server. There may well be this information stored in the unified metadata repository (XMETA) but the structure of those tables is not in the public domain.