Issue Deleting project through the administrator

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bill_G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue Deleting project through the administrator

Post by Bill_G »

I attempted to delete a project through Administrator when the client died. When I opened a new client session up, I could no longer see the project in the Adminstrator dialog, however when I attempted to recreate the project, it said that the directory already exists.

Checking the directory via Putty reveals that the project directory still exists and the project objects seem to be in tact.

I have seen several posts on what to do if someone deletes a project directory manually, but not that addresses this issue.

How should I go about removing the remaining Project objects? Do i need to check xmeta for the project? If so how do I go about doing that?

Thanks

Bill
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Things were much simpler at Version 7 when this type of problem occurred, one could check the UV.ACCOUNT hashed file, ensure that the schema was deleted and then merrily get rid of the UNIX directory and re-create the project. At Version 8 and above the original entries exist but one needs to deal with the XMETA entries at the same time.
I think that it would be best to contact your support provider for a solution - it might be that they will suggest a complete backup and re-install rather than XMETA fixes but perhaps there is already a script for this type of cleanup in their repertoire.
Doing the cleanup manually with suggestions from DSXChange might result in a corrupted installation since one would be playing around with undocumented internal tables and files.