SMTPMail Server closed the connection!

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

Hi,
We want to send e-mail from datastage but we havent yet. Our Smtp server is 10.75.75 and we open ports(25 and 587) of this server. I can ping that server but cant send mail. How can i solve this problem?

Untitled11..JobControl (DSSendMail): Error when executing command: E:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\FINTEK\sendmail_Untitled11_37509998_5428.bat
*** Output from command was: ***
SMTPMail Looking up server...
SMTPMail Opening connection to 10.75.75....
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Well, this isn't technically a DataStage issue. You need to have your Windows admin diagnose and get email working from O/S level first. Then DataStage email should work.

However - the fact that the connection is closed usually means you are connecting to the correct email server. Most companies have their email systems set to only accept internal email requests from approved IP addresses. Contact your windows email admin.
Last edited by asorrell on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

The is DSTemplate.txt(spelling of filename may be incorrect) file for email which can be edited to block sending of emails . This is generally done by unix admins if they do not want emails to be sent by datastage.

Regards
Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This one is on Windows. Which SMTP client are you using?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

Hi ray
I asked your question to our admin and the answer is below.
---We have no SMTP client. On server side, we grant IP adress to send mail.

we havent installed anything on Datastage server. Our system admin gave us an ip adress(smtp server) and They grant Datastage server IP to send email using IP.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage is not a SMTP client, but fortunately on Windows the MKS toolkit contains "smtpmail" which you can use.