Problem with logging into Director - Project locked

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

chulett wrote: the shear number of people
Is that people with bad haircuts?
:lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ark ark. Why, yes it is.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

I have enabled the "dsdlockd" daemon in both Development and Test areas. So far so good with respect to the locks, although next week we are planning to run the production process on test to do a pre-load and that should be the acid test to this daemon. This process will take about a week to finish and has a lot of complicated stuff in the jobs.

However, I am still seeing a lot of "dscs" and "dsapi_slave" processes being stuck there. People say that they are consciously exiting the client components before they are changing from Wired to Wireless or at home too. I don't understand why these processes are still being open.

The biggest problem is that there are quite a few (two to three) runaway processes, almost every day. They are appearing on the jobs which aborted. They are occupying 99% CPU (even long after the jobs aborted). The "dsdlockd" is NOT doing anything with those defunct/runaway processes. This is becoming a big thorn in our side :?

:?: Any valuable suggestions on eradicating these??
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted