How to pass parameters set at admin from dev to prod env

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pacific007
Participant

How to pass parameters set at admin from dev to prod env

Post by Pacific007 »

I want to know that, we have given some set of user defined parameters in administrator in Development environment. Now we have to move to test environment we have moved the jobs by .dsx files but how to pass the parameters to test environment administrator.

Please provide your vauable suggestions.

Regards,
Pacific
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Copy the relevant lines from DSParams to DSParams in the prod project. Note that there are two sections pertinent to environment variables; the definitions and the values.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pacific007
Participant

Post by Pacific007 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Copy the relevant lines from DSParams to DSParams in the prod project. Note that there are two sections pertinent to environment variables; the definitions and the values. ...
Hi Ray,

Thanks for your response. But this is a manual work and in copy past may be we will miss out few things.....is there any other way, so that we can pass the complete list....I myself know there is no other way.....but if anyone have some idea....or someone have some innovative idea regarding this.....

Please suggest as we have a list of parameters we are covering 10 markets and all jobs are running as multiple instance.

Hope I will get few suggestions.....
Pacific