Job Log Archive

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Log Archive

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Hey Guys ,

Trying to archive logs of a Project (preferably in a readable mode) before I purge them on a regular basis for the project.

If I do not find an easier way , then we can't purge the log files in the project which may not be a best practice.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How are you trying to accomplish this? Regardless, you need to build a process to read them out of the log tables and then store them in your archive of choice, be that flat files or database tables or what have you. You'll find lots of posts on this subject and "ETLStats" will come up in many of them. It is a suite of utilities that Kim Duke gives away from his website that does all of that (and more) for you.

If you want to "roll your own", the is an API for that, either from a Server / BASIC side or from the command line. The former uses the "DSGet*" functions you can find documented in the online help and the latter is accomplished via "dsjob" from the command line which has all of the equivalent functionality.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Thanks ! I am going to give it a shot and will mark it as resolved (will put some notes how I achvd it)...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Kim's stuff is here btw.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers