DataStage Server v8.0.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Server v8.0.1

Post by srimitta »

Hi All,

I am able to install DataSatge and QualityStage v8.0.1 and able to open
IBM Information Server Console and IBM Information Server Web Console but not allowing to open any of client componenets with below error message.

Failed to connect to DataStage server: SERVER, project UV
(Internal Error (39202))

Any one any IDEA where I am going worng.

Thanks
srimitta
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
By William A.Foster
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you credentialled your Information Server user ID with appropriate DataStage credentials (roles)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

Thanks Ray for your reply, Users / Groups were not added to appropriate folders on SERVER machine.

Now all Client components are working after adding Users / Groups to \IBM\Information\Server directory.

srimitta.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
By William A.Foster
kurapatisrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kurapatisrk »

srimitta wrote:Thanks Ray for your reply, Users / Groups were not added to appropriate folders on SERVER machine.

Now all Client components are working after adding Users / Groups to \IBM\Information\Server directory.

srimitta.
Can you someone tell me how to add groups /users to IBM/InformationServer Directory????
Thanks
Ksrk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is done using Web Console for Information Server, provided that you are logged in as a user in the Suite Administrator role. There is a Users and Groups menu on the Administration tab in this case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kurapatisrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kurapatisrk »

Thanks Ray.
Thanks
Ksrk