password length is set to 8 then client does not connect

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sia_999
Premium Member
Premium Member

password length is set to 8 then client does not connect

Post by sia_999 »

We changed the unix client password to min 8 digit, as PCI standard, then we are not able to connect to client, please suggest.
ilyas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Where did you change the password rule, and on what exact operating system and version?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sia_999
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sia_999 »

Actually Our UNIX AUDIT Policy set the password age to 90 days. then we force to change the password, then we are not able to login we are using the HPUX UNIX.
ilyas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hmm. I vaguely remember that there was a bug where the DataStage clients would not accept a password longer than eight characters (but was OK with equal to eight). Check with your support provider, or Fix Central, whether there is a patch for your exact DataStage and operating system versions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.