Unable to view the Log file of SOME jobs using Director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to view the Log file of SOME jobs using Director

Post by Thanh Dalton »

Hello,

Could you please let me know why I can not see the logs of SOME of the jobs of a project via the Director? I can see the logs for most of the jobs of the same project.

Please note the disk space is not a problem at all, and the

RTLogging=1
ORLogging=0

were set in DSParams.

Thanks a lot.
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

For some of the jobs, there can be plenty of warnings and you may want to wait for few seconds to minutes to view log (you can see the status bar to ensure whether it is trying to retrieve the log)

If the job is in development phase, then you may not see the log (i.e the job never ran once). If it is compiled, you will atleast one entry.

Another scenario is that the log was deleted.
Kandy

Post by ArndW »

Perhaps the logs that you can't see right now were created when the RT/ORlogging settings were different from the current ones. If you re-run or reset one of those jobs does the log contain new entries?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you see any job logs from this project using the Reporting tab of the Web Console for Information Server?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.